Bio-materials are pure materials or composites that consist of at least 20% of renewable raw materials.
Renewable resources are CO2-neutral and sustainably available. These can also be incorporated as filler or reinforcing fiber in conventional polymers. They act just like mineral or artificial fiber in a polymer matrix.
A composite material based on PP and a sawdust (> 20%) is then a bio-material of the POLYWOOD family.
Advantages and handling of bio-materials:
- The bio-fraction in the material compensates for the oil used by a factor of 30 and higher.
- 20% natural fiber thus saves up to 30 liters of oil per kilo of polymer!
- Bio-materials are suitable for circulation and can be sorted by the disposer without any problems.
- Alternatively – high quality thermal recovery.
Polywood Natural Fibre
Polywood Standard PWS
- Renewable raw materials
- Protecting the environment
- 20% natural fibers possible.
Polywood Antibacterial PWA
- Antibacterial grade
- Sustained antibacterial effect scientifically proven.
- Kills of bacteria and germs over a short time.
This material contains a special natural fibre which has a natural antibacterial effect. Polywood Antibacterial does not contain metal ions, metal salts, nanoparticles or synthetic agents. Numerous studies prove this remarkable effect lasts several years. Within a short time, bacteria, germs and other pathogens are effectively killed.